Carbon Monoxide Poisoning occurs when there is too much carbon monoxide in your bloodstream. Your red blood cells absorb Carbon Monoxide faster than oxygen, causing them to carry carbon monoxide through your body rather than oxygen. This can cause your body’s organs to develop a lack of its essential oxygen and as a result, not function properly.
Summary of condition
Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning:
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of muscle coordination
- Chest pain
If you develop symptoms, you should first get into a clear air environment away from where the carbon monoxide build-up is and call 911. Initial treatment at hospital settings is breathing through oxygen mask or ventilator. This will help initially help the offset of carbon monoxide in your body.
How Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Can Help
HBOT can be critical in delivering oxygen for severe cases of carbon monoxide poisoning. It can be used to help protect the brain and heart which are vulnerable to injury when someone is diagnosed with carbon monoxide poisoning.
WHY UNDER PRESSURE INC.
We uphold an atmosphere of professionalism, personal attention, and excellence in care.
- Having been open since 2008, Under Pressure is the Greater Toronto Area’s Premier Hyperbaric facility.
- Our highly trained, experienced staff is dedicated to providing the best patient experience
- State-of-the-art Hyperbaric chambers allow for the most comfortable patient experience while in treatment.
- Situated in Clarkson Village, steps away from shops, cafes, and restaurants.
- Easily accessible building with nearby bus/train stops, Handicap accessible, Free parking on site, and close to hotels.
Contact us to learn more about our
HBOT For Carbon Monoxide Poisoning and Our Services
We are a patient driven HBOT treatment facility that strives to provide the best patient experience and treatment for a wide range of conditions with the highest level of professionalism.
"I just wanted to start off by saying thank you, since my last round of treatments I have been able to resume normal activity in my daily life. I recently finished my take home exam and an in class exam which I ended up receiving a high mark on both. I have also started back to class again and am able to sit through class and complete the work. I would not have been able to do this without the treatments at Under Pressure, and just wanted to thank you and the rest of the under pressure staff for helping me recover."Sarah C
Post Surgery Recovery
“My experience here at Under Pressure was positive on all points. My recovery from surgery was faster than I expected, in fact my surgeon was visibly impressed by the results in such a short time. Plus the whole clinic experience was positive, friendly staff, upbeat atmosphere and state of the art technology. Two thumbs up.”Paul