A crush injury happens when a specific part of the body (e.g., Arm, Leg, Hand, Foot, Head) is exposed to an extreme amount of pressure. It can be cause by any event that involves significant impact to an area of the body. The most common are:
Summary of condition
- Car accidents
- Natural disasters
- Work-place injuries
Crush injuries can also cause:
- Nerve injuries
- Tendon injuries
- Rhabdomyolysis (Breaking down of muscle tissue)
Crush injuries can be treated a multitude of ways depending on the symptoms of the specific injury:
- If the injury has a wound associated with it, the wound site should be cleaned and bandaged properly. This will aid in preventing further issues like infection.
- Crush injuries can cause significant pain. Medications, casts, or a combination of ice and heat can be used to manage the pain as well as reduce swelling and inflammation.
- Physical Therapy is a common practice after someone experiences a crush injury.
- In extreme cases, surgery may be required to repair the damaged tissue.
How Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Can Help
HBOT increases the level of oxygen in the blood stream, which helps the damaged tissue repair itself at the injury site and aid in preventing infection if a wound is present. It is suggested that HBOT treatments begin immediately after the injury is sustained to prevent further complications and achieve the best results.
WHY UNDER PRESSURE INC.
We uphold an atmosphere of professionalism, personal attention, and excellence in care.
- Having been open since 2008, Under Pressure is the Greater Toronto Area’s Premier Hyperbaric facility.
- Our highly trained, experienced staff is dedicated to providing the best patient experience
- State-of-the-art Hyperbaric chambers allow for the most comfortable patient experience while in treatment.
- Situated in Clarkson Village, steps away from shops, cafes, and restaurants.
- Easily accessible building with nearby bus/train stops, Handicap accessible, Free parking on site, and close to hotels.
Contact us to learn more about our
HBOT For Crush Injury and Our Services
We are a patient driven HBOT treatment facility that strives to provide the best patient experience and treatment for a wide range of conditions with the highest level of professionalism.
"I just wanted to start off by saying thank you, since my last round of treatments I have been able to resume normal activity in my daily life. I recently finished my take home exam and an in class exam which I ended up receiving a high mark on both. I have also started back to class again and am able to sit through class and complete the work. I would not have been able to do this without the treatments at Under Pressure, and just wanted to thank you and the rest of the under pressure staff for helping me recover."Sarah C
Post Surgery Recovery
“My experience here at Under Pressure was positive on all points. My recovery from surgery was faster than I expected, in fact my surgeon was visibly impressed by the results in such a short time. Plus the whole clinic experience was positive, friendly staff, upbeat atmosphere and state of the art technology. Two thumbs up.”Paul