Clostridial Myonecrosis (aka Gas Gangrene) is a type of gangrene that can occur which is formed by Clostridium bacteria. The fast spreading bacterial creates gas that is trapped under the skin which can lead to severe infection and death of the tissue. This gangrene can develop from certain injuries and surgeries that could leave an open wound. It can affect the entire body but it more common in the arms and legs. Gas Gangrene in particular can impact the muscle tissue, and may not develop visible signs when initially affected, they will tend to turn pale first then a purple/red colour.
Summary of condition
Symptoms of Gas Gangrene include:
- Blisters at affected area(s)
- High fever
- Cold, hard skin
- Sudden pain at infection site
- Strong smelling discharges from wound
Treatment of Gas Gangrene:
- Amputation (In extreme cases)
- Skin Grafts
How Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Can Help
HBOT treatment for Gas Gangrene aims at decreasing inflammation, stopping the spread of the infectious bacteria, and repairing damaged blood vessels of the area to improve blood flow.
WHY UNDER PRESSURE INC.
We uphold an atmosphere of professionalism, personal attention, and excellence in care.
- Having been open since 2008, Under Pressure is the Greater Toronto Area’s Premier Hyperbaric facility.
- Our highly trained, experienced staff is dedicated to providing the best patient experience
- State-of-the-art Hyperbaric chambers allow for the most comfortable patient experience while in treatment.
- Situated in Clarkson Village, steps away from shops, cafes, and restaurants.
- Easily accessible building with nearby bus/train stops, Handicap accessible, Free parking on site, and close to hotels.
Contact us to learn more about our
HBOT For Gas Gangrene and Our Services
We are a patient driven HBOT treatment facility that strives to provide the best patient experience and treatment for a wide range of conditions with the highest level of professionalism.
"I just wanted to start off by saying thank you, since my last round of treatments I have been able to resume normal activity in my daily life. I recently finished my take home exam and an in class exam which I ended up receiving a high mark on both. I have also started back to class again and am able to sit through class and complete the work. I would not have been able to do this without the treatments at Under Pressure, and just wanted to thank you and the rest of the under pressure staff for helping me recover."Sarah C
Post Surgery Recovery
“My experience here at Under Pressure was positive on all points. My recovery from surgery was faster than I expected, in fact my surgeon was visibly impressed by the results in such a short time. Plus the whole clinic experience was positive, friendly staff, upbeat atmosphere and state of the art technology. Two thumbs up.”Paul