HBOT (Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy) offers a wide array of benefits for people, depending upon their overall health and current medical condition. HBOT is a process where the body is exposed to 100% pure oxygen through intermittent treatments, at increased atmospheric pressures. To better help illustrate the benefits people gain, consider the following:
At normal atmospheric pressure, an average person is exposed to about 20% oxygen. The rest of the air we breathe is mostly nitrogen. In addition, at normal atmospheric pressure, the body is exposed to approximately 15 pounds of pressure per square inch of body mass. During HBOT sessions, the atmospheric pressure is doubled, which means the body is exposed to around 30 pounds of pressure per square inch of body mass. Further, all nitrogen is removed from the air, so you are exposed to 100% pure oxygen.
Now that you understand the basic principle of HBOT treatments, let’s discuss some of the benefits people can experience.
- Oxygen is able to reach areas of the body by enriching the blood For people who have problems with oxygen levels due to blocked or reduced blood flow, HBOT treatments can help restore proper functioning to these areas of the body.
- Oxygen enriched blood can help stimulate new blood vessel growth and development. This benefit goes hand-in-hand with the previous one. As oxygen is able to reach areas with blocked or restricted blood flow, it can actually cause new blood vessels to grow, which will help eliminate the blockage and improve blood flow in this area of the body.
- Improves blood flow to the organs within the body. The kidneys, heart, and other organs can benefit from oxygen rich blood. In some cases, HBOT can help reduce recovery times after surgical procedures as it helps promote faster healing.
- Increases the body’s immune response to fight infections and infectious diseases. When the body is exposed to 100% pure oxygen, it helps improve the functioning of white blood cells, which have the purpose of helping fight infections and infectious diseases. People with an abundant level of white blood cells are better able to maintain their health from improved immune responses.
- SOD (Superoxide Dismutase) levels are increased. SOD is an essential antioxidant the body produces on its own. Antioxidants, like SOD, are a vital part for staying healthy and help in the prevention of diseases and illnesses.
Keep in mind, these are just a few of the benefits one could experience from HBOT treatments. To find out if HBOT treatments could benefit you, please feel free to contact Under Pressure Inc. at 905-274-2032 to schedule an appointment today!
DISCLAIMER: The above content is provided for educational and informational purposes only and should not be construed as actual medical advice to treat a medical condition. Other than the fourteen HBOT indications approved by the FDA, Under Pressure Inc. does not make any claims as to the efficacy of HBOT for other indications.